Just as a reminder to all clients who deferred a VAT payment in 2020.
If you deferred VAT payments due between 20 March 2020 and 30 June 2020 and you have not yet paid this back to HMRC you can:
- pay the deferred VAT in full, on or before 31 March 2021
- join the VAT deferral new payment scheme – the online service is open between 23 February 2021 and 21 June 2021
- contact HMRC on Telephone: 0800 024 1222 by 30 June 2021 if you need extra help to pay
You may be charged interest or a penalty if you do not:
- pay the deferred VAT in full by 31 March 2021
- opt into the new payment scheme by 21 June 2021
- agree extra help to pay with HMRC by 30 June 2021
Full details can be found here:
Unfortunately this isn’t something we can do on behalf of the client – it has to be arranged by the tax payer themselves.
As always, if you have any queries please reach out to us.