Businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure businesses sectors are eligible for a rates holiday for 2020-2021.
Who can claim
You are eligible for the business rates holiday if:
- your business is based in England.
- your business is in the retail, hospitality and/or leisure sector.
Properties that will benefit from the relief will be ones that are wholly or mainly being used:
- as shops, restaurants, cafes, drinking establishments, cinemas and live music venues.
- for assembly and leisure.
- as hotels, guest & boarding premises and self-catering accommodation.
How do I claim? You do not need to do anything. Your local authority will write to you.